Wednesday 11 January 2012

A level Textiles Revision: Fibres, Yarns and Fabric Manufacture

So, I've began my revision, and what I've found really helpful is reading over some of the information and then writing yourself a list of questions about it or relating to it, all bulding on knowledge from A level for A2. Since I'm re-siting my first textiles exam it's definitley been helpful to have all of last years work and more detailed notes from this year.
Here's a few of my own revison questions, try them out and don't be afraid to leave comments below, happy revision :p

Fibre types:
What are the three main natural cellulose (plant) fibres?
Name all five synthetic fibres?
What are regenerated fibres?

Yarns:
What is Carding?
What are the two twist types and why are they important?
What is a fancy yarn?
Name one way of mixing fibres.

Fabric Manufacture:
Explain how a pile weave is made.
What kind of effects can be created with coloured yarns?
How are bonded fabrics made?

How do you find them? If you're unsure about some of the areas thats where you need to revise. I know that some people find this bit the easiest but I have to admit, I can find it tricky, I think that theres just a lot that goes into this and its easy to get mixed up.
Don't be afraid to share any of your own revision tips, I'd definitley love to know some that have been tried and worked, I know I need it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment